[Gllug] Persuading ssh to be less fussy for one nominated target host

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Sun Jul 8 18:12:24 UTC 2007

I've been fiddling with my ssh settings to try to get it be a bit less
paranoid when I connect to my test system.  I'm continually
re-installing it and currently I have to edit ~/.ssh/known_hosts each
time and remove the previous entries for that box.

I've tried putting

    StrictHostKeyChecking no

in /etc/ssh/ssh_config (under the entry for that one particular host of
course) but ssh still won't let me connect until I edit the old entries
out of ~/.ssh/known_hosts

Does anyone know of a way to tell ssh not to fuss so?

TIA,
John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk