[Gllug] Mactel Linux problem - Save my marriage :)

bradut bradut at bradut.com
Wed Jul 25 15:09:44 UTC 2007

On 25/07/07, Panos Savvas <pasavvas.accounts at googlemail.com> wrote:

>  > Perhaps you should consider not 'playing' with the computer that your
> > > wife uses for work.
>

> Before you start patronising think that maybe I didn't decide to include
> my life story with the problem. She has started using it for work over the
> last few weeks whereas before that we both used it for 'Playing'.
> Furthermore the intention was to let her try Linux and see if she would like
> to move to it. the answer is No sadly.

On thing I would advise (and is of course my view) here is that when asking
for help, it is better not to get in too much contradiction with people from
whom you expect assistance. It is wasteful to start a debate about things
that touched your sensitivity, as this won't help you get your computer
fixed.
Take what's useful out of what people say and leave the rest aside.