[Gllug] Oh dear - here we go again: patents!

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Wed Jul 4 08:15:14 UTC 2007

I have just seen this:

	http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/07/04/epo_pres_patent/

    New head of the European Patent Office (EPO), Alison Brimelow, has signalled her intentions early, calling a public
    meeting to discuss the policy vacuum left by the rejection of the Directive on Computer Implemented Inventions.

The meeting is tomorrow (thanks for the advance warning) in Brussels, see:

	http://www.epo.org/about-us/events/cii-conference.html

Most of the speakers look patent friendly (eg: IP Law Dept., IBM; UK Chartered Patent Attorney;
Global IP Group, SAP; BSA Europe) -- I suspect that the consensus will be along the lines of
''having to protect valuable Intellectual Property from freeloaders''.

Should we have someone there ?

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/