[Gllug] A few words on the topic of stock spam

John G Walker johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Jul 10 22:13:50 UTC 2007

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 23:05:09 +0100 Tethys <sta296 at astradyne.co.uk>
wrote:

> Someone published an interesting paper about observing price movements
> and using them to measure how widespread particular spam messages
> were. Sadly my Google Fu is not letting me find it right now.

There was an article in New Scientist reporting some research that
showed stock spa definitely had an effect on prices (about 2% if my
memory doesn't deceive me). Mind you, my attitude to people who get
burnt by stock spam is rather like those who get burnt by 419 emails:
serves them right for being greedy,

--
 All the best,
 John