[Gllug] A few words on the topic of stock spam

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Thu Jul 12 08:20:25 UTC 2007

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 yane at sdf-eu.org wrote:

> Hmmm.  In fact isn't it even more insidious than that?  If you know this
> is a scam, buy the stock and sell quickly, you CAN make money
> (effectively by playing the scammers game).  Obviously the more people
> try this, the smaller the window for making a profit, but assuming some
> people do react to these, there WILL be a window.  I am sure there are
> some people making monet from these scams ... and not just the scammers.
>
> Just a thought - or am I missing something here?

Yes. The scammers will have bought in some volume before sending out the
spam so you will be buying in after the price has risen already. While you
might make some money it is a big risk and your only hope of profit is
that you get there before enough other idiots take the same gamble.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG		     Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/	       up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk