[Gllug] VACANCY

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Fri Jun 1 12:58:53 UTC 2007

On Fri, 1 Jun 2007, Wayne wrote:

> It reminds me of a recent problem I have had with the local Job centre.
> I run a company manufacturing adult goods as in sex toys, we attend
> various adult shows around the country, but I am not allowed to put 18+
> into a job advert, and I have been advised I cannot discriminate on age
> when it comes to the interview process.

Aren't there laws against employing underaged people there? I believe it's
already established that the laws against age discrimination do not apply
where applying them would require you to break other laws.

> BTW am I the first to get the work sex into a GLLUG list????

Others have used the word but not as their own work :)

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG		     Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/	       up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk