[Gllug] ext3 filesystem suddenly full

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 12:56:46 UTC 2007

On 6/21/07, Ken Smith <kens at kensnet.org> wrote:

> /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 17G   17G     0 100% /
>
> Totaling up the contents of the directories in / with 'du' I can account for 5.1G's
> worth. So where has over 11G's worth of stuff, that I can't find, come from?

If it's not in any of the subdirectories, then you must have either a)
filesystem corruption, or b) a massive file or two in your root
directory. Try looking for hidden file. Or if there's nothing visible
in the filesystem any more, check that a running process isn't holding
a huge file open.

Tet

--
Perl is like vise grips. You can do anything with it but it is the
wrong tool for every job. -- Bruce Eckel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk