[Gllug] VACANCY

Matthew King matthew.king at monnsta.net
Sat Jun 2 19:36:37 UTC 2007

"Martin A. Brooks" <martin at hinterlands.org> writes:

> Matthew King wrote:
>>> This makes the assumption that "young" and "less experienced" are
>>> synonymous or in some way comparable.
>>>

>> Well they are.
>>

> Claptrap.  Do you have any idea how many ST and Amiga games writers
> there were that were in their early teens?  We were young, smart and
> knew the hardware inside out, rivaled only by the engineers who designed

Yes.

Well, no, I suppose I don't have the actual figures, but my response to
the sentiment you are expressing is certainly in the affirmative.

> it.  Did you know that the Amiga's blitter chip could do hardware
> bitplane rotation?

Yes, although I fail to see the significance.

OK so they terms are not, strictly and pedantically, synonymous. They
usually are, though, and they are most definitely comparable.

The fact is, a young person is more likely to be inexperienced and an
experienced person is more likely to be older. In any field. Yes, this
perception is annoying, and the better employers are well aware of the
exceptions, but it is no less true for that.

Matthew

--
I must take issue with the term "a mere child", for it has been my
invariable experience that the company of a mere child is infinitely

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk