[Gllug] Microsoft was distributing Ubuntu

Chris Jones cmsj at tenshu.net
Mon Jun 25 12:19:17 UTC 2007

Hi

John G Walker wrote:
> have thought that MS could have increased their revenue by selling
> their own distro and including Linux versions of MS applications

If desktop Linux becomes enough of a threat I wouldn't be surprised to
see an Office port appear. They do it for OS X and Office accounts for a
substantial portion of their software revenues afair.

As for an MS distro though, I don't think they could monetize it
sufficiently to be worth bothering with. Plus they have a pretty strong
culture internally that would oppose it

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones