[Gllug] Freeview

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Tue Jun 12 11:02:28 UTC 2007

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007, Chris Jones wrote:

> Really I think they should be selling it through Wholesale, not Retail,
> so the other poor DSL ISPs can get in on the act.

No thanks. BT's wholesale ADSL is based upon ISPs paying over £200 per
Mb/s for central capacity plus a tail charge of between £8 and £12 per
month. Add TV distribution to that, with the rates being stupidly high,
and there wont be any scope to provide a decent service and make any
money.

If that happens only the big providers will be left and they really do not
care about customer service levels.

Jason
--
UKFSN.ORG		     Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/	       up to 8Mb ADSL Broadband from just £14.98

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk