[Gllug] wireless adapter (usb)

countd countd42 at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 25 22:12:22 UTC 2007

Hi All
Apologies in advance if this is an oft-trodden conversation. I am
looking for a wireless card that just works with my openSUSE 10.2
install on a formerly retired laptop. Preferably USB as I'm not sure
if the laptop will be a viable option for very long (low specs) and
I'd like to be able to use it elsewhere with the minimum of fuss.
Also, I'd prefer not to have to resort to ndiswrapper if at all
possible.

I've found some recommendations on teh interwebs, but have had my
fingers burnt before on a PCI card that supposedly worked and then had
a change of chipset. Any cast-iron recommendations? The LinkSys
WUSB54G appears to be a good option, although perhaps a little bulky.
I'd really appreciate some feedback/experiences.

Thank you.
countd
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk