[Gllug] phpmyadmin and Debian

Paul Cupis paul at cupis.co.uk
Sat Jun 16 17:56:23 UTC 2007

Jason Clifford wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Jun 2007, Paul Cupis wrote:
>
>> This is not the recommended method for upgrading from sarge to etch.
>
> Yet it works perfectly.
>
> I've used exactly that method to upgrade several servers and it works
> every time.

Yes, it will work, and yes it will work better on servers than desktops
or multi-purpose machines. And yet it is not the recommended way of
upgrading, which is all I said. As per a previous post, someone
upgrading from one release of Debian to another is best advised to read
and follow the release notes for that new release. This is, and will
remain, best practice and best advice for users and systems
administrators alike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk