[Gllug] ext3 filesystem suddenly full

Chris Jones cmsj at tenshu.net
Fri Jun 22 13:40:25 UTC 2007

Hi

Jason Clifford wrote:
> I remain shocked that distros still offer a single partition solution by
> default. I just don't think it is ever appropriate.

Installer: "How big would you like /var to be?"
User: "what's /var?"

Single partitions are a way of avoiding the problem, at least on
machines where it's unlikely to ever be a significant issue.
The only one worth caring about on desktops is /home imo, which should
definitely be on a separate partition (but that still brings up the
perennial problem of how to balance the space).

Cheers,
--
Chris Jones
  cmsj at tenshu.net