[Gllug] [VACANCY] SQL Developer

Stephen Nelson-Smith sanelson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 15:48:39 UTC 2007

Hello chaps,

Role: SQL Developer
Contract Length: Estimated 1 week

I require an experienced SQL developer to help with a schema porting
project as part of implementing a new accounts system.

We have an old (primitive) accounts system which is basically one big
table, effectively a log of purchases.  This is in MySQL 4.

We have designed a new model, which abstracts this data out into half
a dozen tables representing different entities.  This is going to be
in MySQL 5.  This has been tested with a large number of stored
procedures, and will form the basis of the new accounts model.

The task is to extract identities from the old table, accounting for
name changes, company changes etc - to populate the new schema with
the old data.

The old data is about 100,000 rows.

We have been experimenting with SQL porting scripts, and I have some
example code I can show.  We anticipate that the task will make heavy
use of self joins, group bys, and stored functions and procedures.

The successful candidate will be pairing with an experienced
developer, but providing the SQL expertise.  There will be room for
the candidate to work with us again in the future, if the candidate
impresses.

If you're interested, drop me a note off-list.

S.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk