[Gllug] Flash on X86-64 architecture

John G Walker johngwalker at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Jun 3 22:58:17 UTC 2007

Has anyone been able to install the Flash 9 plugin for Firefox on X86-64
architecture?

I ran the installer from the Adobe web site and it told me that X86-64
architecture wasn't supported by the Adobe Flashplayer installer.
Typically, there's no hint as to what to do next. I can't find anything
about this on the web site - not even amongst the list of known issues
associated with Flash 9 - and a message sent via the complaints form on
the website about a fortnight ago has, as I expected, disappeared into
cyberspace.

Dammit, I can't be the first person to attempt to load the Flash plugin
on an X86-64 machine. So what's the secret?

--
 All the best,
 John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk