[Gllug] [VACANCY] SQL Developer

Pete Ryland pdr at pdr.cx
Thu Jun 14 14:29:13 UTC 2007

On 07/06/07, Nix <nix at esperi.org.uk> wrote:
> It used to be *much* faster than PostgreSQL, but PostgreSQL has got a
> lot faster in the last few years and they're nearly on par now; MySQL is
> faster for some loads, PostgreSQL faster for others.

This is not true I'm afraid.  They've always been very close in
performance.  MySQL, however, has forever had turned on by default the
ability to use domain sockets for local connections.  This has always
caused a perception of a large speed difference in naive benchmarks
which didn't compare apples with apples.

Pete
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk