[Gllug] Hard drive problems

James Roberts jr at stabilys.com
Mon Jun 4 10:15:51 UTC 2007

I personally think it is more to do with the changes in the UK supply
specification due to harmonisation.

I do not have the figures at hand and cannot come up with a suitable
Google search spec just now, but the current spec allows dips of a
greater magnitude than the old one did.

These are quite enough to force restarts on well designed
voltage-critical parts - and silent failure modes on the less
well-designed...

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk