[Gllug] ubuntu +1

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Wed Jun 20 00:48:01 UTC 2007

--------

"Daniel P. Berrange" writes:

>Well that's the choice BSD make - if they're happy to see their work
>exploited by companies which are openly hostile to open source so be it.

I think "exploited" is a bit harsh there. "Used exactly as
intended" would probably be a better phrasing. While you may
not wish to release code under such liberal terms, many in
the BSD community are actively happy for people to use the
code in any way they wish, which includes not contributing
changes back upstream if that's how they choose to operate.
As the saying goes, the author of the code gets to decide
the license, and the rest of us get to respect that choice,
even if it's not the one we would have made ourselves.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk