[Gllug] ext3 filesystem suddenly full

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Fri Jun 22 23:45:12 UTC 2007

--------

Chris Jones writes:

>Why? User A will happily just check their email and browse the web. User
>B will edit many GB of video files together and install lots of games.

Editing video files is unlikely to touch anything outside of /home,
/var or /tmp. Installing lots of games? /usr/local or /opt, probably.
Or maybe /home again. Either way, we've already established that the
bulk of the disk space is allocated to /home and /var (on my machines,
I have /opt and /usr/local as separate filesystems, too, to cope with
things that might want to install there).

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk