[Gllug] Microsoft was distributing Ubuntu

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Mon Jun 25 09:54:42 UTC 2007

On Mon 25 Jun, John G Walker wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 09:23:59 +0000 Andy Smith <andy at lug.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > It's fairly obvious that they just don't want to promote Linux for
> > business reasons, no big drama.
>
> This is the bit that always puzzles me. Why haven't Microsoft attempted
> to muscle in on Linux? On the face of it, it would seem to be an
> obvious thing for them to do.
>
> Anyone any idea?

   M$ are quite happy to incorporate OSS (usually from BSD) into products
they sell, they are probably happy to sit back and let others do the work.
   Several well known companies have very done well out of watching smaller
organisations doing all the heavy groundwork, then swallowing them.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk