[Gllug] OT: Best broadband here?

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 10:32:38 UTC 2007

On 6/7/07, Jason Clifford <jason at ukfsn.org> wrote:

> There are ISPs offering unlimited services without a FUP (we're one)
> however the pricing for them is realistic so don't expect unlimited MAX
> for less than £80/month.

The absence of a FUP doesn't mean that the ISP isn't traffic shaping,
though. I'm sure there are some that don't. But all that means is that
they haven't yet reached capacity. When they do, *something* has to
give, and traffic shaping is the obvious solution to the problem.

Tet

--
Perl is like vise grips. You can do anything with it but it is the
wrong tool for every job. -- Bruce Eckel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk