[Gllug] WEP security experiences

Caroline Ford caroline.ford.work at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 19 20:37:35 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 10:47 +0100, Juergen.Schinker wrote:

> well this tools are ment to crack your neighbours WEP -key
> so you got plenty of time..
>
> <james bond mode on>
> the secret service sits in a van near your house
> <james bond mode off>

I've never managed to get enough traffic. I'm surrounded by WEPed access
points but kismet finds 1 encypted packet an hour, if that. They just
seem to be sending out beacons :(

People must be using them, I presume - just not close enough to me to
pick up traffic.

(The aim of this was to see how broken WEP was, kimset does all that for
you anyway. I wasn't dreaming of actually using a WEPed access point, as
that's pretty evil and illegal..)

Caroline

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk