[Gllug] Knoppix equivalents?

john at sinodun.org.uk john at sinodun.org.uk
Wed Jun 13 08:48:52 UTC 2007

> Hello,
>    I have lost count of the number of Knoppix CDs I have given away as
> both
> a demo and a diagnostics disc for ix86 series boxes. Now the inevitable
> has
> happened; I was asked to give an instant opinion on why a 64bit box
> running
> Microsoft has begun crashing and restarting just a few seconds into the
> boot
> proceedure. Is there an equivalent to Knoppix for other architectures?

You don't say what flavour of processor the box has, so I'm assuming it's
an AMD/Intel x86 descendent.

How about a Ubuntu CD?  That comes in a 64-bit edition and IIRC boots
straight to a desktop.

You could of course just boot your usual 32-bit Knoppix CD.  If it's
actually a hardware fault it will probably manifest itself in 32-bit mode
too.

John

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk