[Gllug] PHP segmentation fault

sas.18752793 at bloglines.com sas.18752793 at bloglines.com
Thu Mar 15 12:01:28 UTC 2007

--- Greater London Linux User Group <gllug at gllug.org.uk wrote:
Hi,

I'm getting a segmentation fault when running php.  I noticed that some

of the addresses on my website were returning a blank page and I
> eventually
tracked it down to php crashing.  Now when I run php with the
> following
php file it segfaults just after printing 1.

> <?php
> print "1\n";

> define('FOO', 'BAR');
> print "2\n";
> ?>
>
> I ran strace on php
and the last few lines are:
[SNIP]
> I don't know where to start looking
next, does anyone have any
> suggestions?  This is on a Gentoo box with php
version 5.2.1. I have
> already tried reinstalling (recompiling) php but
that didn't help.

Does this happen everytime you view that page, including
after restarting php/apache, or does it work for a while before screwing up?

I've had a similar problem before, using Mysql/Apache/PHP/Windows. Everything
would work for a while, then an application error would occur somewhere in
an xml/mysql module. From that point on more random errors would crop up on
other pages, and wouldn't go away until the server was rebooted.

You could
try installing a debug version of PHP, then running the script from the command
line.

Simon