[Gllug] OT Internet connection

Benjamin Donnachie benjamin at py-soft.co.uk
Thu Mar 15 12:05:59 UTC 2007

Jason Clifford wrote:
>> I cancelled the TV and telephone packages with ntl and use freeview and
>> VoIP respectively instead now.
> What do you do for 999 calls now?

My VoIP adaptor and cable modem (along with other equipment) run off
quite a substantial UPS so I should be okay in the event of a power cut
but as I'm with sipgate it's a case of using my mobile for 999 calls.

I decided to cancel the phone service and go for VoIP as I was fed up
after five years of ntl promising that caller display would be "coming
soon".

Thankfully, I haven't had to phone 999 from home for quite some time and
it's nice to confuse people with a London number that rings at my
partner's in Tooting and my place in Ashford, Kent :-)

Take care,

Ben