[Gllug] Vodafone 3G Cards

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Mon Mar 5 14:54:02 UTC 2007

On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 02:28:58PM +0000, Stephen wrote:
> Has anyone had experience of getting either to work?  I'm using
> Debian/Sid on my laptop, fwiw.

We use the 3G (as opposed to 3G+) cards at work and I've had no problems
getting them working under Debian (both Debian/ppc and x86), beyond a
minor annoyance when ppp stopped returning DNS settings and I had to
specify specific DNS servers.

It was odd, at first, to see a pcmcia device presenting itself as USB
serial but the fact that it does this makes the ppp config and chat
script tinkering considerably easier.  Can share configs if you have a
problem.

--
Bruce

It is impolite to tell a man who is carrying you on his shoulders that
his head smells.