[Gllug] Any coders out there?

Dick Turpin peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Thu Mar 8 15:37:34 UTC 2007

Hi All

I've had an idea (I know I know, theres a first) there are lists out
there of LUG groups I wonder if its possible to create a module for my
Joomla website that a visitor could type in their post code and it would
return the nearest Linux User Group to them?

I don't want a database on my site (it would take up too much space) but
I was thinking along the lines of a yahoo pipes scenario some sort of
script file that can search the web and return the results.

I'm guessing some of you don't know much about Joomla so I'm just
bouncing this off people in case you have any ideas, I cant write code
myself, I wish I could but I'm fairly competent with Joomla.

I have asked on the Joomla forum but not had any replies, anyones input
would very welcome.

--
Regards
Dick Turpin