[Gllug] Getting Debian Etch to run on an old (EPIA 800) Mini-ITX

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Sun Mar 4 12:28:48 UTC 2007

Chris Bell wrote:
[snip]
>    The debian installer team are waiting for the final release version of
> the kernel, and there have been several recent updates which require new
> installer versions. RC1 will not work now, try one of the recent "daily"
> installer images. RC2, and then the final release, will be made available as
> soon as the kernel development team are happy with the kernel.

Sorry to revive an old thread.  This is about trying to install Etch on
a Mini-ITX box which netboots Sarge perfectly happily and reliably.

I've now tried using one of the daily snapshots and the result is even
worse.  Where the rc1-installer-installed system would get as far as
"Waiting for /dev to be populated" and then re-boot, the new system only
gets 2 lines in "Uncompressing kernel" and then it re-boots.

It's weird.  The installer runs perfectly and the installation
completes, but then the installed system fails to boot.

Anyone any further ideas about why Debian Etch won't run on a Mini-ITX
(EPIA-800) box?

TIA,
John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk