[Gllug] Mailbox compacting

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sat Mar 31 12:11:42 UTC 2007

On 30 Mar 2007, Rich Walker spake thusly:
> Nix <nix at esperi.org.uk> writes:
>> On 29 Mar 2007, Rich Walker verbalised:
>>> I *like* RMAIL.
>>
>> It's so damn minimalist it might as well be vi!
>
> Which is why I read it through GNUS these days :->

GNUS hasn't been maintained since 1993 or thereabouts. You probably mean
its descendant/rewrite, Gnus :)

> (Once my laptop CPU finally broke 800MHz, it was worth the overhead...)

I first used Gnus on a 486 with 8Mb of RAM (7Mb post-kernel-boot).
It was... not fast at constructing summary buffers.

--
`In the future, company names will be a 32-character hex string.'
  --- Bruce Schneier on the shortage of company names