[Gllug] Partioning advice needed

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Thu Mar 8 22:39:42 UTC 2007

On 8 Mar 2007, Russell Howe outgrape:
> There's some online resize stuff for ext2/3, but IIRC it required kernel
> patches which weren't in mainline..

Online resizing is only implemented for ext3, and it's been in mainline
for so long now that it predates the use of git. (I don't have the
historic kernel trees on my system right now, sorry.)

Bugfixes have happened, but they've been for relative corner cases like
>2Tb filesystems.

(This doesn't take very much kernel mojo to determine: the comment at
the top of fs/ext3/resize.c is sort of a giveaway. :) )

--
`In the future, company names will be a 32-character hex string.'
  --- Bruce Schneier on the shortage of company names