[Gllug] [OT] How can I find a job like sysadmin in London?

Gustav Maskowitz gus.maskowitz at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 13:35:01 UTC 2007

Jason Clifford wrote:
> To be fair to them I'm sure that there are occassions where an agency has
> no choice but to rewrite a CV as it's offered in a very poor format. I've
> certainly seen this myself.
This is just a note on the subject as a whole:

As someone who just recently landed my dream job - I can only say agents
waste! your time. Companies (the good ones you want to work for) have a
way of being contactable direcly or know how to find you without needing
sharks.. i mean agents.

I just started at Rackspace (Stockley Park - near Heathrow) and they
found me on Monster, and also accept CV's directly via their recruitment
people. Incedently, they are still looking for some sh*t-hot admins
(with personality) to join the team, so call em ;)

My point is ,and mabe I just struggled because of my current Visa, but
the agents were leeches and didnt have my best interests at heart. Dont
use em if you have a choice. Use Monster or keep calling your favourite
companies. Just pitch up and give the receptionist flowers and
chocolates (plus your CV) and ask for some time with the IT
director...whenever :) She will make it happen.

OkeThen CIAO!

-Gus
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk