[Gllug] SpamAssassin uid/gid

Jon Dye jon at pecorous.co.uk
Tue Mar 13 13:49:33 UTC 2007

Hi,

I've just installed a plug-in to spamassassin which attempts to write to
its own log file.  The log file has group writable permissions and my
user is in that group.  When I run spamassassin it can happily log to
that file.  When I use spamd (running as root) and spamc (run as me),
spamd can't write to that file.  After putting some debugging into the
relevant plug-in I've discovered that spamd changes uid and gid to that
of my user (from root) but it only contains my primary group in the list
of groups and therefore not the required group.

Does anyone have any experience of spamassassin or any tips on what I
could do to get this to work properly with spamd?

JD

--
"No information on this!"
		- Eddie Izzard