[Gllug] adsl2 pci/internal modems on Linux and the state of adsl2

Andy McGarty andy at mac1systems.com
Wed Mar 21 16:35:54 UTC 2007

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 16:30:04 -0000, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org>
wrote:

> Does anyone know of a pci adsl2 modem that would work with linux ?
>
> and along the same lines, what are the general opinions of people about
> adsl2 ( specifically :  be's 2.5Mb u/l product )
>
> - KB

IPcop supports the Bewan PCI card.  I'm using it on an ADSL2 service and
have no problems.
http://www.ipcop.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pagename=IPCopHCLv01

I use a business service from Internet Central and get almost 8megs (I can
see the exchange from my front door) and 768k upload.  It seems very
reliable with very little down time, if any (that I notice!).

Andy