[Gllug] OT Internet connection

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Sun Mar 18 10:02:11 UTC 2007

By the way, just to finish the thread, the delay in my post wasnt due to fog on
the line,  but some damn machine in Bulgaria bombarding our mail server with
zillions of connections and using up the available number of exim processes
it seems. My reject log was simply huge (each connection being rejected at the
RcptTo stage)!  The problem was quickly cured once identified - a block in
iptables!   I think I need to swap 'deny' in the appropriate ACL within Exim4
to 'drop',  but will research at my leisure.

Tim