[Gllug] OT: Replacement for select()

Mick Farmer mick at dcs.bbk.ac.uk
Fri Mar 9 12:36:05 UTC 2007

Dear GLLUGer,

In my C programs I use select() to find a file descriptor that
has pending input.  On UNIXes this works with both file
descriptors and sockets.

I want to port my programs to Windows and their
implementation of select() only works with sockets.  Does
anyone know how I can achieve the same result?

I would be happy to poll the devices if this is the only
alternative.

Regards,

Mick               /"\
                   \ /
Linux Registered    X  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
User #287765       / \ Against HTML Mail