[Gllug] OT Internet connection

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Mar 14 21:24:33 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 11:31 +0000, Elliot Moore wrote:

> Still when its up its fast and responsive and consistent, though I
> don't want to pay for the TV service anymore, its cack.

WHEN it's up is the point!  The recent breaks in service, their
persistent problems with their mail servers, their utterly inept and
often downright rude customer "service" and their clueless, smelly and
invariably late "engineers"...

There has been a noticeable reduction in quality of service lately, part
of which can be attributed to the major staff upheavals lately, and the
forthcoming price increases are just the icing on the cake!

Branson bought himself a company in serious trouble and doesn't realise
quite what he's let himself in for - the only advantage he's got (at
present) is that his company is a monopoly, and that most of the
infrastructure is already there.  Much of the expensive digging and
running cables has already been done (albeit not very well).  He's going
to come seriously unstuck when many of the other TV companies he buys
programmes from decide to follow Sky's lead, and increase their prices.
He's already losing huge numbers of TV customers.

Chris