[Gllug] new graphical spam

Benjamin Donnachie benjamin at py-soft.co.uk
Tue Mar 27 23:03:15 UTC 2007

SteveC wrote:
> I run spamassassin and procmail on everything. Do people recommend
> dumping all gif mail (in which case a procmail rule would be appreciated
> :-) or has anyone tried these spamassassin plugins that does OCR?

I started suffering from these a few months ago.  In addition to
greylisting, I started rejecting non-compliant HELOs and using the
zen.spamhaus.org rbl.  Any that get through that lot are usually picked
up by dspam. The odd one occasionally gets through, but it's not very
often any more.

These checks might be a bit restrictive for many systems but I often
check my logs for inappropriately rejected messages and there have been
very few.

Ben
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk