[Gllug] new graphical spam

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Tue Mar 27 21:49:17 UTC 2007

SteveC wrote:
> I run spamassassin and procmail on everything. Do people recommend
> dumping all gif mail (in which case a procmail rule would be
> appreciated :-) or has anyone tried these spamassassin plugins that
> does OCR?

OCR worked at first but then spammers added noise that made processing
expensive.  I do have a reasonable way of filtering this stuff, but, as
stupid as this sounds, I'm somewhat loathe to mention it on a public
mailing list.  This particular part of the spam arms race has been a bit
of a trial.

--

 Martin A. Brooks | http://www.antibodymx.net/ | Anti-spam & anti-virus
    Consultant    | e: martin at antibodymx.net   | filtering. Inoculate