[Gllug] Be-There

Andrew Farnsworth farnsaw at stonedoor.com
Thu Mar 1 12:17:20 UTC 2007

On Don Mar  1 12:04 , Benjamin Donnachie  sent:

>John Winters wrote:
>>> A friend of mine is looking at moving from Bulldog to "BE-There".
>> Well, I suspect you've put your finger on it right there.  I know
>> nothing about BE-There but the thing about these services tends to be
>> that with the "cheap" attribute comes the "crap" attribute.
>
>They'd have to be pretty terrible to be worse than Bulldog!  I won't
>touch them with a very long barge pole these days...
>
>Ben

I'll have to second this.  I still shudder when I remember the Bulldog tech
saying "I get Unknown host when I try 'ping http://.....'".  Needless to say I
talked to a manager immediately and then immediately called Zen to transfer my
service.  Note that Zen is not cheap but their tech support people know what they
are talking about.

Andy
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk