[Gllug] Be-There

Stuart Children stuart at terminus.co.uk
Thu Mar 1 10:32:38 UTC 2007

Russell Howe wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 07:26:38PM +0000, Stephen Nelson-Smith wrote:
>> A friend of mine is looking at moving from Bulldog to "BE-There".  Has
>> anyone used this?  Any good?

I use them at home; the "unlimited" service. Speeds are as advertised.
I've not noticed any problems with connection downtime/contention/etc.
Though I'm not a particularly heavy user, when I do download something
large it zips along, and I have no interactivity problems with online
games and the like.

You have to use their kit which some people here might not like/find
wasteful, but it does everything I need. Initial setup was quick and
painless. I've not had any need to contact them since, so can't really
judge their customer service. They take my money regularly without issue. :)

>> Why wouldn't everyone use it, if it's
>> really very very fast and very very cheap?

They're only available on a few exchanges.

> Last I checked with them, you could get a static address,

Yes, but for a hefty surcharge (£4/month IIRC?).

--
Stuart Children
http://terminus.co.uk/