[Gllug] Be-There

Cillian de Roiste cillian.deroiste at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 10:40:53 UTC 2007

I'm a happy be-there customer for about a year now. I have heard some
complaints about their router slowing down because it overheats and that
their dns servers are slow (both of which are fixable issues) but apart from
that the service is fine. They had some down time during the first couple of
months I was with them, or at least they sent a few emails saying there may
be disruptions, but it never effected me and they were good at giving
notice. This also hasn't happened over the last 6 months or so. It's
certainly a nice option for Linux folks to get a modem-router instead of a
dodgy usb modem but lots of providers do this now, and it's not expensive to
buy one anyway.
You may still be able to get special offer keys off some sites online that
make it a little cheaper and if you were recommended by someone (hint hint)
they might get a month free or something. I was also impressed that their
site says specifically that their service works with Linux.

Feel free to contact me directly if there's anything in particular you want
to ask.

Cheers,
Cillian