[Gllug] ADSL moving delays

Peter Ball CFL at marguet-ball.net
Wed Mar 21 16:58:19 UTC 2007

On 21 Mar 2007 at 13:54, paul at ma1.se wrote:

Hi

> I'm currently going through the same thing, except I'm literally just
> moving a few feet to a different office, which, suprise, suprise they
> can't find on their database!

If the offices are in the same building it should be a 30 minute job assuming both offices
have an existing master phone socket.

1.	Identify and get access to the Network Termination Point (NTP) for the building.

2.	Plug a tone generator into the phone socket in the old office.

3.	At the NTP identify the connection pair serving the old office.

4.	Remove the tone generator from the old office and plug into the phone socket
           in the new office.

5.	At the NTP identify the connection pair serving the new office.

6.        AT the NTP swap the pairs serving the old and new office.

7.	Remove tone generator, test & tidy up.

> They also can't find my broadband provider to do the 2 day switch, which
> might be down to him being an EntaNet reseller.
>
> So BT are attempting the whole full £120 charge for reconnection thing,
> as well a full site survey by an engineer which will take weeks.
>
> I'm thinking along the lines of a temporary phone extension lead and/or
> wireless connection ;o)
>
> Paul Lee
> www.ma1.we

Peter Ball