[Gllug] ethernet through powerlines

Sarah Lemarié sarah at thaum.net
Tue Mar 20 17:39:20 UTC 2007

We bought some solwise adaptors from homeplugs.co.uk and they've been
rock solid. We have a studio building at the end of our garden;
wireless only *just* reached out there but the ethernet over power is
ace and gives us a perfect wired LAN connection.

We just picked some that looked reasonably priced; have had no problems at all.

We did have a windows tool we used to set them up - it was a one-time
thing, haven't touched it again. We unplug them and move them around
without any trouble - you only need to use the software if you add a
new one, or change your password.

Hope that helps,

Sarah.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk