[Gllug] ADSL moving delays

paul at ma1.se paul at ma1.se
Wed Mar 21 19:33:54 UTC 2007

John Winters wrote:
> Jason Clifford wrote:
>> On Wed, 21 Mar 2007, paul at ma1.se wrote:
>>
>>> Though they seemed to go a bit t*ts up last night, as I was getting BT's
>>> IP's on the WAN interface rather than my providers for a few hours!
>>
>> There are currently 3 622Mb BT Central pipes carrying ADSL customer
>> traffic back from the BT network to Enta (and thence onto the
>> Internet). BT took one of these down last night for urgent
>> maintainance which caused problems.

Is that all the Centrals that Enta have? I'd got the impression, Enta
were pretty big.

I think I read on a forum somewhere that Namesco (formerly NDO) have one
or two centrals with a smaller central pipe on its way, but I'd have
thought they were minnows in the ADSL field, compared to Entanet.

Maybe Enta know a thing or two about traffic management. They have quite
a few resellers to support.

regards

Paul Lee
www.ma1.se