[Gllug] Is this right? (Permissions question)

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Sat Mar 3 09:52:58 UTC 2007

"Andrew Roberts" writes:

>I've recently moved my mail hosting to google. They are providing a
>full mail hosting solution for domains. The details are here:
>http://www.google.com/a/

Not even vaguely viable. Far, *far* too simplistic for my mail needs
(which aren't actually that complicated, but are still way beyond
what's achievable with gmail).

Aside from which, software as a service is fine for the masses. But
not for me. My data will reside on a machine I own, thank you very
much. I want to be able to check details of something in an old email
when my net connection is down, for example. Sure, I use gmail for a
throwaway account that I can use from work. But that's the extent of
it, and everything I care about goes through my own domain and ends
up on my home machine. YMMV.

Tet