[Gllug] Creating Maildirs

john gennard joney at clara.co.uk
Tue May 15 15:45:05 UTC 2007

On Tue, 15 May 2007, "Paul M" <tallus at gmail.com> wrote

On 5/15/07, Anthony Newman <anthony.newman at ossified.net> wrote:

 >> Sub-folders within a maildir are dot-delimited rather than
nested, >> so your directory structure will look something like:

 > Thats actually the Extended MailDir format
 > (http://wiki.mutt.org/?ExtendedMaildirFormat) though it's still the
 > right one to go for.

 > The Mutt FAQ has instructions for getting it working with Mutt

 > http://wiki.mutt.org/?MuttFaq/Maildir

Phew! This will take me time to work through. And you can see how
an old geezer gets confused, for the second URL under 'Custom layout
of separate Maildirs' puts them under 'Mail' and not 'Maildir'.
I'll see what I can do with all the help I've received from the list.

John.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk