[Gllug] Fullscreen 80x24 internationalised X terminal?

Richard Cohen vmlinuz at gmail.com
Wed May 30 07:42:40 UTC 2007

Fighting with an issue here at work - wanted to put it out to the
combined masses for help.

We have a legacy app, running in curses-type mode, fixed at 80x24.
For operational reasons, we want to run it under X, and it needs to be
in a context where it can display BIG5 Chinese text.  Unfortunately,
we also need it to be fullscreen...

At the moment, we're running it in mlterm, which does a decent job of
the internationalising part - although there are some issues with
escape codes which I think may be related to wide characters being
used - but is lousy at the fullscreen side of things.  Unfortunately,
there's an aspect ratio mismatch between a 4:3 monitor and an 80x24
terminal window.

Any advice?  Anyone know of any terminal emulators which can do
fullscreen, scaling as necessary?

Cheers
Richard
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk