[Gllug] Fullscreen 80x24 internationalised X terminal?

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Wed May 30 09:32:24 UTC 2007

On 5/30/07, Richard Cohen <vmlinuz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Any advice?  Anyone know of any terminal emulators which can do
> fullscreen, scaling as necessary?

No, I'm afriad not. The only workaround I can think of is a nasty
hack, but it should work. Try running your chosen terminal on an X
server without a window manager, using a custom modeline to set the
screen resolution to the same size as the window at your preferred
font size.

See the XFree86 Video Timings HOWTO, which despite its claims to the
contrary, isn't quite obsolete yet.

Tet

--
Perl is like vise grips. You can do anything with it but it is the
wrong tool for every job. -- Bruce Eckel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk