[Gllug] OT: Looks like South East London is Burning again

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Wed May 23 15:21:29 UTC 2007

On 23 May 2007, Peter Childs uttered the following:
> London Bridge station is closed AGAIN due to another fire. Anyone would
> think they ran the trains on some highly flammable liquid! (There electric
> last time I checked but produce lovely sparks)
>
> Seams like south east London is suffering from a lot of bad luck currently 2
> fires in a month closing london bridge and the  Cutty Sark as well.
>
> Anyone know what is really going on?
>
> Maybe its more terrorists?

If it was fire elementals they hit my workplace ;) I got in to find
everyone standing around; the systems (all Windows, bleah) wouldn't even
boot, and all the telephones were dead. The power room in the company HQ
in Cannon Street was apparently on fire, the building filled with smoke
and all things powered down and/or burnt out...

... in the end I gave up waiting for nothing to happen and went home,
only to be delayed by a trackside fire, signalling problems and then the
train itself losing power.

--
Aiming for 10^10.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk