[Gllug] trac mail?

Joel Bernstein joel at fysh.org
Wed May 23 15:05:34 UTC 2007

On Wed, May 23, 2007 at 03:44:05PM +0100, diego gentoo wrote:
> Hi there. I have a Trac enviroment and I need that, when a ticket is
> created, the system should send an email to all the developers with the body
> of the ticket itself. It is possible?

Not as far as I know. But trac can serve you an RSS feed of the data and
you could roll your own. Or perhaps the RSS notification would be
sufficient? You can also roll your own tool that accesses the trac db,
or perhaps modify an existing one.

The SQL query trac uses to display active tickets is:
SELECT p.value AS __color__,
   id AS ticket, summary, component, version, milestone, t.type AS type,
   (CASE status WHEN 'assigned' THEN owner||' *' ELSE owner END) AS
owner,
   time AS created,
   changetime AS _changetime, description AS _description,
   reporter AS _reporter
  FROM ticket t, enum p
  WHERE status IN ('new', 'assigned', 'reopened')
AND p.name = t.priority AND p.type = 'priority'
  ORDER BY p.value, milestone, t.type, time

HTH,

/joel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk